Am I eligible for an Irish Start-up Entrepreneur Programme Visa?
In order to be eligible to apply for the Irish Start-up Entrepreneur Programme, you must be able to meet the below requirements:
- Have some form of financial backing of €50,000 or more, through business angels, venture capital providers or a financial institution regulated by the Financial Regulator. Personal funding transferred to the State or a grant from a relevant State agency would also be acceptable.
- The business proposal must have a strong innovation component.
- You must not be a drain on public funds
- Your start-up venture must be less than 6 years old
- The business must be headquartered and controlled in Ireland
- Start-up must be capable of creating 10 jobs in Ireland and realising €1 million in sales within three to four years of starting up.
The Entrepreneur scheme will not be available to you for you if you are planning to establish a business in retail, catering, personal services, etc. In this case you will need to apply for the Irish Business Permission Scheme.