Canada International Co-op (Internship) Category Visa
The International Co-op (Internship) category is designed for Irish citizens who are registered students at a post-secondary institution and who intend to complete a work placement or internship in Canada (maximum 12 months) to fulfill part of their academic curriculum.
To be eligible for the International Co-op (Internship) category you must:
- be a citizen of Ireland;
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 inclusive at the time your application is received;
- be holding an Irish passport that remains valid throughout the period of stay in Canada. When the work permit is issued in Canada, it will not be longer than the validity of the passport.
- be in possession of a departure ticket leaving Canada at the end of your authorized period of stay or sufficient financial resources to purchase such a ticket;
- have the equivalent of C$2,500 to help cover expenses at the beginning of your stay, for the first 3 months of the stay;
- accept to purchase, prior to entering Canada, insurance for medical and health-care, including hospitalization and repatriation, for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada;
- pay a participation fee;
- be registered as a student;
- have received a signed letter of offer or contract for a work placement or internship in Canada that meets the requirements of your academic curriculum in Ireland;
- not have participated in the IEC International Coop (Internship) category before.