Am I eligible for an Australian Sponsorship Visa?
There are specific requirements that apply to each one of the stages of the application.
To be eligible to sponsor overseas applicants, the business:
- Existing businesses must be financially stable, or if the business is a start up, it must be able to evidence that it will expand and develop in the coming year;
- must meet the training benchmark - the business will need to show that they invest in trainings for their Australian employees. If the business is a start up, they need to evidence that they will comply with the training requirements;
- must propose a salary which is above the min required threshold of $ 53 900. In addition to this, the proposed salary needs to be relevant to the local market salary rate for the relevant occupation.
To be eligible to apply for a 457 visa the overseas employee must:
- have an eligible occupation that appears on the Australian skills shortage list;
- must have the relevant qualifications and/or experience required for the position - most occupations require formal qualifications or if you have no official certs 3 to 5 years of relevant experience would normally suffice, depending on the occupation ;
- must be of good health and character.
To check if you qualify for the visa, complete our free eligibility assessment form today and one of our visa specialists will contact you back shortly: